View Single Post
      09-14-2010, 12:39 AM   #47
H2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'm curious about the exact same thing. OP, can you comment on whether the interior on the Dakar M3 is something that can even be ordered on Individual? and if so, can it be ordered in the US (perhaps via ED)?

- esquire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i Piotr View Post
From what the guy there told me, is that's part of the Special Edition. Not sure if it can be ordered Individual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
That's very odd. I wonder what "special edition" this is. It's also a little weird to me that the one place any of us have seen this unique interior is from pics of the car on a dealership floor, rather than official BMW pics. I wish we had some solid details on this. I'm completely enamored.
It looks like that Dakar Yellow M3 is an "Edition" model as mentioned in the following thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287538. However, it looks like the black gloss wheels were replaced with the standard 19" wheels. The "Edition" models were not available in the U.S. As far as contrast stitching goes, some people have been able to get it through the Individual program in the U.S. (e.g., "Ringmeister").