03-23-2007, 01:46 PM   #56
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
1. PROcede is $1,300
2. Although an LSD would be very beneficial, I'm not totally convicned that it's absolutely necessary; however, I now know that a set of wider, stickier non-RFT tires is a must with a PROcede-equipped 335i (my set of 19" Michelin PS2s cost $1,262 from DiscountTireDirect.com) + balancing/mounting from a local tire shop.
3. Some suspension mods would help.
1) True.
2) Only using 1/2 of your avaible traction for acceleration 4tl. You won't be able to take a stock M3 no matter how much HP you have on a dyno if you can't put it to pavement.
3) Some suspension mods would help? Are you kidding me? If previous M3s are any indication you're going to need to do a crapload of suspension mods to even come close to the M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
I could be wrong here, but it looks to me like the real performance car from BMW will be the Z2 M. The reported weight for that is around 2000 lbs. With a 274 bhp FI 4cyl or the N54 it will be amazing, especially at USA (no autobahn) speeds.
I love the idea of that engine (wish Lotus had used it or a similar BMW design in the Elise) but you're about 1000 pounds light on that weight estimate. I seriously doubt that the M2 will drop 1000 pounds from the 120.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.