View Single Post
      09-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #22
carve
Major

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
9/11 and 7/7 were events carried out by terrorists, not muslims and def not representing the religion or the majority of muslims' beliefs. Terrorism has been widely hated by muslims across the world.

However, for dicks like you terrorism and islam seem to be the same thing and you use that mentality to justify burning the Quran. Actually in your previous post you said that noone deals with the problem directly i.e. muslims/islam and suggested that maybe burning the Quran would solve it.

You got the problem WRONG and the solution even more WRONG. Anyway, you say Islam is wrong and I say you are wrong. Everyone likes to think they are right but doesnt mean they actually are.
You're setting up a false dichotomy. They were carried out by terrorists who were Muslims. They carried out their attack for religous reasons, that are rationalizable in the Koran, whether you agree with their interpertation or not. Plenty of others DO agree with their interpertation. I remember a couple of years ago, a survey in Pakistan found Bin Laden to have a ~50% approval rating.

Most Muslims are peaceful and just want a good life like everyone else, but Islam has a disproportionately huge number of fundamentalists, and, consequently, extremists and terrorists. It's also hyper-sensitive to criticism, and a lot of people have been killed or threatened for criticising, or merely not obeying Islam. Not exactly an environment the discourages terrorism now, is it?