08-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #19
ellipsis212
I bought my ski mask in Aspen

Drives: MB 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfeltiii View Post
So if you want to joke about it on a written forum you need to provide some sort of evidence or clue that you are joking.
ummm...Michael Bolton? forgive my affront if you're an avid fan, but generally speaking the mere utterance of any random string of syllables that approximate the sound of that name is considered to be, at worst, a decent joke in most languages, let alone the native tongue of the aforementioned crooner.

Quote:
The only thing I know of you is that you are from NYC according to your sig, which statistically speaking would suggest that you are serious.
now it's you who can't possibly be serious. you're talking about 20+ million people in the NYC metro area who, despite popularized media portrayals of self-centered gruffness, actually represent a pretty reasonable cross section of humanity itself.

even if you deduced from my username that i live in Manhattan (which would be correct) then you could only narrow me down to being one of 2+ million people which includes everyone from the homeless to billionaires. you probably could hedge your bet on the likelihood that i fall somewhere in between those 2 extremes given the fact that 1) Manhattan is known to be relatively expensive and 2) i'm clearly active on a BMW forum which would indicate that i probably own a nice car in a city where owning a nice car is a luxury generally reserved for the wealthy or the lucky. however, there is no way that you could have ascertained my general disposition from my geographic location.

Quote:
PS> The only evidence of lack of intelligence here would be to challenge someone you know NOTHING about with respect to their intelligence. You're welcome to visit for an IQ test anytime. I don't know you either, but believe me, I like my odds.
i was simply stating that humor is a trait enjoyed by those who understand things well enough to know when they aren't serious, such as those who would catch a "Michael Bolton" at the end of a string of extremely ridiculous claims.

i'm not going to put forth any personal challenges or ad hominem attacks because i stand firm on my own achievements and character.