View Single Post
      08-15-2010, 07:54 AM   #95
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany

Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill335 View Post
No it does not. If you do not place the key into the slot the key is an idiot... it won't have any data to give. If you don't believe me, take your car to the dealership with the key in the slot and get a reading... then take the key and put it in your pocket and drive for a BIT AND GO BACK... The data that your key will have stored will be the data that you first arrived with.

I never argued that the "on board computer" doesn't store files so you can move on with your argument.

And, the thread isn't pointless it's asking a question that many would like to know the answer to. By the way, you had the option of keeping on past it before you clicked to enter... enough said no? At the end of the day there are those that have adhered to the break in period and those of us that haven't... I fall into the haven't/ didn't category and my cars are relatively trouble free. And I'd like to add that I've never had any issue getting warranty work done even when it was obvious that I had mods...
If you go to the dealership for any service... tech MUST put the key in the slot and BLAMO!!!! all the information is there. I have a good friend who is a mechanic at my dealership and trust me, I do know the ins and outs of what I can and cannot do AT MY DEALERSHIP!!!

I am quite sure that the break in for your 335 is different than the M3.