08-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #26
sworks335i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 E90 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
Uh ..no..The cops QUESTIONED him about it at which time the kid (true to form) said he did what was posted on the forum and then he was arrested.

They didn't arrest him over the post, they questioned him. No different than if the kid told his neighbor and the neighbor called the police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnA Diesel View Post
+1

Well at lest someone is reading the article and not talking out of their rear...

If you're a douche and you confess to the police that you really did what you said you did, I don't care what the cause was for cops coming to ask you in the first place was, you are: a) a douche in the first place for driving that way in a residential neighbourhood and not at least on some highway, and b) a douche for telling the cops you did what you (stupidly) said you did.

The guy gave up his constitutional rights by being an idiot and admitting he did it.

I actually have no issue with the guy south of the border who pointed the cops towards the idiot.
Talking out of rear???

I read the entire article and was just making a point at how rediculous the whole thing is. The fact that someone would take a statement posted from someone in a completely different country and call up the other country to report it is rediculous. On top of the fact that the Canadians took the time to actually follow it up and get the $1,000 fine out of it. We all know it cost them more than the $1,000 to track the kid down and go through the "legal" process.

If this is how everyone feels then please someone pull up the posting of everyones top speed and start calling the cops!! Ill make sure to be waiting in my driveway so the state pig next door will come and arrest me!!