08-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #13
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
I agree to a point, but my local dealer (only one in the state) wants MSRP for an M3, AND they treat you like crap. So I'm headed out of town for my X5 and my [M3 / 550, not sure]. I'll deal with service issues when I need them. They have to honor the BMW warranty. As far as loaners go, they bill those to BMW as well.
This is so true. For you guys in big markets (CA, NY/NJ), $500-$1000 over invoice is easy. For those of us in smaller markets with one dealer, not so easy. Ultimately the deal from a big market dealer will offset any travel or transportation expenses involved but then some dealers treat you like sh*t if you have not purchased from them. And yes, they have to honor the warranty but they can still make life difficult. I am a regular buyer from my dealer and easily get an appt whenever I need it along with loaners. I could save $500 buy shopping around but in the end I am happy with my dealer and my deal.