View Single Post
      08-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #70
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander

Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Now everyone (mostly Schumi's #2 driver in the past) wants a piece of him...

http://planet-f1.com/news/3213/62938...i-was-an-idiot

Quote:
Eddie Irvine is the latest to put the boot into Michael Schumacher following his controversial move on Rubens Barrichello in Hungary, describing him as an "idiot".

Schumacher received a 10-place grid penalty for the Belgian Grand Prix after he "illegitimately impeded" Barrichello during an overtaking manoeuvre in the closing stages of the Hungarian GP.

The German has since apologised, but that doesn't mean the criticism has stopped and former team-mate Irvine says he should've received a one-race ban.

"He was an idiot," Irvine said during an interview on Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast Show. "It was an idiotic manoeuvre that was extremely dangerous. It was incredible. He wasn't thinking and it was just pure arrogance that he thought he could just drive another driver into the pit wall.

"He got punished, but I don't think he got punished enough. He should have got a one-race ban because it was one of the worst manoeuvres I've ever seen."

Schumacher's antics this year have led to speculation that his comeback could only last one season. Irvine, though, thinks he should continue even though he is no longer getting away with things.

"I don't think he should retire," he said. "He's always done stuff like this and has intimidated people for a long time, but he got away with it because he was Michael Schumacher.

"He was 'the' Michael Schumacher, but this Michael Schumacher isn't getting away with it."
Now, that's becoming old news. that's just schumi being schumi....ruthless, reckless champion....we all knows his driving style, knock Damon Hill out in 1994, crash into Villeneuve in 1997 and got him disqualified in WDC....we all know how he drives...

stewards published their penalty and now just get on with it....IMO 10 grid place penalty is somewhat fair enough....probably because he's the 7 time world champ and everything he did was magnified 100x times....