View Single Post
      08-02-2010, 02:35 AM   #80
Major General

Drives: Odysse

The APEX wheels are well regarded by many people who track their cars on Bimmeforums. There's 10.5" version coming out that will work for our cars with a small spacer. They would work well with the 9.5" in front that they already have.

I decided to get the APEX wheels (9.5" front/10" rear) since I could get a set of wheel/TPMS/tires NT05) for around $2,000 total, vs. the $2,700 for CCW's or $3,000 for the TE37-SL. Obviously they're not forged so it's not a fair comparison. The D-Force are a good comparable wheel if you have a Brembo kit; I think you'll need a small spacer with them though.

If you're only going to do a couple events a year, you're probably better off just using your stock wheels or getting a set of stock 18" used. If you really want to save your tires, then you need camber plates, especially with PS2's. They have really soft sidewall's and roll over easily.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."