View Single Post
      07-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #16
Sleeper519
Captain

Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305M3 View Post
Are there any posts on here where someone has actually noted that the weight reduction in wheels and exhaust, alone, has significantly improved their cars performance on/off the track? The coupe and the sedan weigh approximately 3,706 and 3,726 pounds, respectively. Are we talking one plus seconds here or just tenths with this reduction in weight? If weight reduction is the goal, then minus well consider other wheels, upgraded suspension, brakes, getting rid of your interior (i.e. radio, a/c, seats, carpet), etc. If not, then I guess you would want to go with what it is that makes you happy.

Anyways, both wheels are bad ass and I don't think you could go wrong with either. Good luck with your choice and make sure to post the pics once you have everything installed!!!
It's the UNSPRUNG weight loss that is significant, IMHO. I don't get a hard-on over losing 40 lbs on an exhaust, but I DO think shedding 3-5 lbs per corner pays dividends in the handling department. They say 1 lb of unsprung wt is worth 5 or 10 lb of curb wt, or something like that...

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.80 / VIR Full 2:12.32 / Barber 1:42.20
Sleeper519 is offline   United_States