View Single Post
      06-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
Finnegan
Major General
United_States

Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3s_are_crisp View Post
Yea that's what I figured. I know KBB isn't the holy grail, but a $3k difference is pretty huge, IMO. If I sold to a private party I could probably get about 15-16. But WillC310 is right, dealing with idiots can be a pain in the ass.

I dumped about $1000 into getting things fixed on my ride. Maybe I shouldn't set my expectations too high and shoot for $13k. I remember the sales guy had a sheet with pricing on all the stuff that needed to be fixed and he had $1800 quoted for replacing the cracked leatherette on both front seats (even though only 1 is cracked). I'm getting it done for $300. Whatever, they're going to try to screw me over any way I look at it.

Thanks for the input.
Why not sell it yourself instead of trading it in? Sure there are idiots, but on the other hand is it worth 3K-4K to go the "easy" route? Give it a shot--if it sucks you can always trade it.

Example: the best trade I could get on our Escape Hybrid (wife's car, which she upgraded to a Z4M) was 13K. Dealers were asking 19k-21k for the same car (same options, year). I sold it for 17K. Delt with one idiot, and one solid buyer. With photos, some detailing, ads, and dealing with potential buyers all of 4 hours of my time. For 1K/hour, that's easy money. If I'd traded it I'd have kissed 4K away--not something that was worth it (hey, that's mod money ).