View Single Post
      10-28-2005, 08:23 PM   #13
mds82
Major General

Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to mds82 Send a message via Yahoo to mds82
ah good to see another windows admin on this site. ya i do this stuff for a living too, a lot of it over the phone with no computer in front of me. its like any job, if you do it day in and day out, you just get used to it.

Triton - first off what is the reason you have 2 installs of windows on your computer?? most of the time people dont really need to have a dual boot screen. ALso i'm not sure what you mean about the files being set to private. If you cant access a file it means you dont have permission to the file. If you are on the computer as an administrator, you can right click the folder, go to properties, click on sercurity, then go to advanced. then on the Owner , check the box Replace owner on subcontainers and object. Basically in the box you need to take ownership of these files so you have permissions to them. This should take care of all you problems

If you really need 2 operatins systems, download a 90 day trial of Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 for testing. Send me a PM if you have any questions

19" Breyton Race GTS Matt Grey, Eisenmann 4x70 Exhaust with SR Pipes. Vorsteiner Hood, Bilstein Shocks, CFEverywhere, mtec rear,
Carbon Fiber Headlights