06-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
elp_jc
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash8 View Post
I not sure I follow your suggestion of using a jewelers screwdriver to tighten the base? What base are you speaking of?
Remember I didn't scrutinize the panel. You seem to have taken care of the ground side of the bulb with the needle nose pliers. How about the positive contacts? Depending on the design, you could need a jeweler's screwdriver to raise the contact metal so it makes a more solid connection. It might have springs instead; I don't know. And finally, also check the connectors, ground, and all wiring, as one of the little terminals inside the connector could not be making enough pressure for a steady contact. It shouldn't be that hard to troubleshoot if you're a DIY guy. Try wiggling the bulbs, connector, hitting the panel with your hand, etc. and see if the brake light flickers or something. If you feel defeated, just take it in . Oh, and you might search for the actual SIB so you know exactly what you're dealing with. I remember reading about this problem, and how some folks fixed it, but honestly wasn't paying close attention since I didn't have the issue, and it was a while ago. Good luck man, and please keep us posted if you find what it is.