View Single Post
      06-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #29
radix
there's something different about him

Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1911 View Post
If you like Mexico so much that an American wearing and American flag T-shirt offends you maybe you should go back to Mexico. I don't understand why in the USA we place and importance on ANY other countries holidays except for noting them on the calander.

I always thought Cinco de Mayo was just an excuse to get bombed on $2 margaritas and pull out that studip, over-sized sombrero you got on a spring break trip to Cancun back in college. Anything more than that I don't give a sh^t b/c I live in the USA, not Mexico.

As for wearing the flag, from the way I read the posted rules then NO ONE should wear it. That would includes the military and all the cops and everyone else who tacks one on to whatever uniform they wear. Not only that, but 95% of them wear it wrong to include the Boy Scouts.

You read it wrong:

Quote:

8. Respect for flag

j. No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
The boy scouts do it right. The police do it correctly as well. Those who wear a pin on their left lapel near the heart (e.g. politicians) do it right. Wearing flag bandanas, shirts, shorts, swimwear ,etc., is disrespectful to the flag imo, and is doing it wrong. You should not sit on the flag. You should not soak the flag with your sweat, and you certainly should not fart on the flag if you love what it stands for.
radix is offline   Philippines