View Single Post
      05-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #55
njw
Private
Rep

Drives: '13 e92 M3

frozen grey is much sexier

I'm also not digging the black. Frozen Grey on the other hand, I love. I posted this in the other frozen discussions, sorry if this is mundane. I have had my matte grey Ducati for 7 years and it still looks great. This picture is from last year. One thing I will point out, with a real paint job, if it is not waxed and taken care of, you can tell the age. The matte finish still looks as good as the day I bought it, its just the parts around the bodywork are showing their age. The paint job is probably not half as good as the BMW will be, but it will definitely still take some care. I hand wash it very carefully and often because it freaks me out, like a what-if scenario, when it gets dirty. I'm still not convinced that it will not stain and I'm positive that it would get swirl marks from washing it the wrong way (like an automatic drive-thru carwash). It took some serious getting used to when I rub my hand or a wash-cloth over the paint and it does not slide easily, as if on regular paint. That said, I would not trade it for anything. I love the color and it looks even better in the sun, like it is glowing without a reflection or shine.
Attached Images