View Single Post
      05-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
Alekshop
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: E30 M3 l E92 M3 l F82 M4

Send a message via Skype™ to Alekshop
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Mounted where it is, does it interfere with passenger legs? It looks like it's sticking out too much. Very prominent.

I'm looking for an extinguisher to mount in the cabin somewhere but I don't know of a good place where it is out of sight. In the E46 you could place it under the seat and the one BMW sold with their brackets fit perfectly or you could place it in the first aid box they sold that mounted under the seat. (Maybe it would bounce around, idk). Unfortunately, the subs are under the seats in the E9x and there just doesn't seem to be any room there. That's not to say the one being sold by BMW is not sexy looking.

I think I'll be going with a larger (and cheaper) one like the one in TrackRat's post, and mounting it in the trunk.

Cheers.
This kit comes with the OEM mounting hardware. No need to modify anything ... Installation takes about 20 min. All you need to do is to mount the bracket and you are done.

Having extinguisher in the trunk is kind of pointless. You want it to be near by so you can reach it right away.

This one mounts under passenger sit and it doesn't hit anything. It does stick out a bit, so you can reach it, but it is not on the way at all.