05-13-2010, 02:20 AM   #1
MrHarris
yodog

Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Smile Did my Gintani retune today..

So I've been wanting to get a retune from Gintani for a few months now to address a weird bogging issue from 2-2.5k rpm and to do my final tune on the setup that I will be staying with. My car got in a hit and run accident, so this is what caused the massive delay. Well I finally found time today to give them a visit.

My setup:
Gintani X-pipe w/ 300cell HFC
Dinan rear section

They told me they would definitely help me smooth out my low end power problem, and they also mentioned they have a new tune that will provide even more power over standard tunes.

I've always been impressed with the tune I already had from them, and from 2.5k+ it already pulled way way harder than stock, or even with a full exhaust system with no tune. But now, my god does it pull like a freight train.

The whole entire powerband is even smoother, yet pulls harder. Throttle blipping feels even more crisp and responsive than before (and I already had a tune before), and once you go over about 7k rpm, the thing just feels insane. I just a 3rd gear pull to red line, and the rear feels like it gets more loose when I go over that 7k rpm mark, and I'm running 295 AD08's in the rear.

Now I know this doesn't apply to the guys with SC's, but for those of you who are still NA and not stroked, you will be VERY pleased with the kind of power it puts down, and the kind of rush it gives you. Thank you Gintani!

Here's my dyno..

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States