View Single Post
      02-27-2007, 09:21 AM   #1
Kafka
Private

Drives: E46 M3 SMG

Question Cabriolet on the track?

I am among those who have pre-ordered the 2008 M3. But, I'm 30th (!!) on the list here in my Canadian city and my reputable sales rep has noted that I may be receiving my car in late 2008 or 2009 (probably the latter..or longer). I would like to do some road trips and performance driving schools sooner than tha (I have some time off work later this year). My wife just suggested (too bad she's not offering it as a birthday present) I buy a 2005 or 2006 M3 while I wait: just do it! While I'm working out the cost involved in doing (how to lose when trading it in for the new M3 in a year or so?) this I am also very limited to my choices here. There is a 2006 M3 cabriolet available (the only choice for now), a model I would not have as my first choice.

Does anyone know about the limitations of the cabriolet on the track vs. the coupe. I know it weighs a bit more and the center of gravity is a bit higher, but will it make a significant difference on the track? I am primarily interested in the driving experience. Any thoughts about other negatives, such as wind noise with the top up? Soft top and security issues?

Thanks folks.
Happy drivin'
K.
Kafka is offline   Canada