View Single Post
      05-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #34
swamp2
Lieutenant General

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
all you are basing it off of is stuff you read no real life experience correct?? if you have real life experience btw a car with a diff and one without then i take it back

he actually has real life exp with the two to compare. i don't care what you post or graphs you show nothing beats real life experience

i haven't even broken mine in yet and i can already tell the car pulls harder and is faster through the gears. def one of the best band for the bucks mods
I think others have stated a response to this already. You do realize that every major system in all modern cars are designed with simulation correct? Saying you don't trust simulation and do trust your butt dyno is like turning back the progress clock of modern science and engineering back to the dark ages.

Similarly goes the debate that someone can't understand car X or mod Y unless they have personal wheel time with it. That is utter rubbish. Science, math and engineering allow one to understand and even feel in their minds eye (in additon to providing very accurate actual numbers) various aspects of automobile performance.

Like DaFish appropriately stated above in post #29 - if it feels good and all you want is feel - that is perfect. That makes it a great mod - FOR YOU. Just don't call it the best bang for the buck mod because when you want overall performance a FD mod just does not deliver on many modern sports cars, M3 included.

Last but not least how about having some Vbox runs instead of a butt dyno. Sorry science and simulation >>>> butt dyno any day.

Cheers.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0