View Single Post
      05-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #46
jeremyc74
Banned

Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
my point is that there are certain groups on both sides of the fence that won't budge, not allowing us to make any progress at all. The ACLU is definitely one of those groups.
?

They are, and I fully support it. There is NO reason to circumvent the Constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
How about we figure out a way to monitor suspected individuals that fits within the bounds of the constitution?

?
What was being done, and what the ACLU took issue with WAS NOT within the bounds of the Constitution, so I'm not sure what your issue with them is. The Federal government bypassed the court system and just did whatever the hell it wanted to.

There are certain basic rights that a person should have. Privacy is one of them. Being put on trial when you're accused of a crime is another. If the current government wants to change those things, the put it before Congress and pass an amendment instead of just sneaking around. Of course, we both know that it wouldn't go over well if it were done publically, and that's why they didn't do it.

They scared you into wanting to give up some of your freedoms and have less control over your life. As far as I'm concerned, when you take that mentality, the terrorists have already won.

And that is my last post on the subject, as this really doesn't have anything to do with a Cop going WAY overboard and tazing a stupid skinny teenager that was posing ZERO threat to anyone.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States