View Single Post
      04-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #12
fdsasdasdf
Captain

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
He is the president of the United States... letting the words "you've made enough money" leave your mouth is down right stupid.
Here is the whole quote:

Quote:
"We’re not, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy."
This is why biased sound bytes are retarded. You know why that person cut out the rest of it in that clip? Because the rest makes the statement not sound nearly as bad.

What Obama is saying:

He personally believes that you can make enough money, but he knows that the American way is to continue to make stuff and continue to sell it if it's a good product, and we cannot allow that to end because we wouldn't be able to function as a society.

I grow weary of people taking tiny little quotes and making them sound worse than they really are. This is why political parties need to just die already.