View Single Post
      04-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
aus
Major General

Drives: Odysse

Fabspeed has an X-pipe with cats and resonator that generally doesn't cause a check engine light until it got cold. I think it's a quality 200cpi cat.
Gintani also has a HFC/resonator or 2 to 4 resonator X-pipe available. I believe they use a 300cpi cat.
Just keep in mind that many people get sick of the smell when they go catless and many have also mentioned the exhaust staining the paint or at least leaving residue on the paint. This and the check engine light are why people use the catted X-pipes.
Your main gains are from the X-pipe. Some have said the Akra is not loud enough for them and others say the Gintani race only drones a little, while a few have sold the Gintani Sport because of the drone. The best is to hear them in person and take a ride in the car.
I'd also through in the Bastuck unit with an X-pipe. It shouldn't drone since it doesn't drone at all as an axle back.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."