View Single Post
      03-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #27
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'

Drives: 2010 e70 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
My post was in response to the "God is in control" phrase, as majority of the Republicans (at least the ones I know) are "god fearing", therefore I brought up the issue of Republican scientists numbers being in single digits.

I guess I went off-topic.

Now you know someone who generally votes Republican, has a degree in Physics, doesn't believe in God, believes in a woman's right to choose, and doesn't really give a shit about Gay marriage*. ME!

*I don't understand being gay, as I'm about as straight laced hetero as they come. I just prefer not to see it. But, I think gay people are crazy to want to get married. Talk about the perfect out: "Sorry babe/stud, we can't get married, it's against the law. Let's just hang out and have sex." But hey, misery loves company, so let 'em!

Which brings up another small point of irritation - companies covering "domestic partners" for health insurance. I don't care that they do it (their company, go for it), but generally it is limited to same-sex domestic partners. I call bullshit on that. If you offer it to same-sex domestic partners, then it must be offered to opposite-sex domestic partners too.

Ok, is now over.
ZAP | ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZTP | 322 | 328 | 330 | 386 | 4AZ | 4UB | 655 | 6FL | 6NF
2008 Ducati 1098S Red naturally....
scollins is offline   No_Country