View Single Post
      03-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #27
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...

Drives: Erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Yes I am a dealer who deals in a very eclectic variety of both cars & commercial vehicles.As my business is leasing I am just now having to start dealing with the disposal of the US leased vehicle that were imported 3-4 years ago.In the used market there is quite a signifigent difference between the cars sourced here & US imports.A lot of the higher end dealers will not accept a US sourced car as trade because it cannot be CPO'd or apply for any of the special financing that is available to used car buyers.As we have over 1700 vehicles in our fleet I think that we have much more 1st hand experiance with this than you would have.Yes the car can be sold but at a figure that is usually 10-20 %lower than if it was a Canadian sourced vehicle.
Thx Gear - when starting this research, I was really only focused on the front end importation issues and potential pitfalls of purchase/importation - through yours and others' inputs I am now ensuring I consider all the potential downsides at the point of sale/trade in a few years which was not high on my list of things to check, but now is.

So thx again