View Single Post
      03-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #23
Major
Rep

Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Shpirate,

You are a conundrum man. So you are in here saying things like tax cuts are great, and that health care for all of the citizens is bad. Bad because someone like your parents will have to pay maybe 3% more in tax, not because it effects your directly, only people connected to you. Yet you are planning on joining the US military, a "company" that is solely funded by taxes. You are a funny man. I would figure someone who is joining in the military would want that military funded. Guess your convictions for you parents hanging onto their dough is stronger than your want for the military to have dough.
Oh, he will want the military funded. After all his healthcare has to be paid for.

However feel a little compassion for him. If he does not make it to 20 years (and his thinking seems to be a little rigid to make O-6, IMO), or his wife has a pre-existing condition before hitting Medicare, he will get a fast and brutal education about American healthcare. I work almost exclusively with ex-military people, and I see this over and over.

They say a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged. On the other side of the coin nothing beats the American Health Insurance industry when it comes to changing the world view of middle aged conservatives.