MrHarris
yodog

Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtud View Post
can you elaborate on what you mean by unsafe?

are you considering the GC setup or are you satisfied enough with the eibach to not mess with these? i guess i'm screwed since they don't seem to have a GC e93 setup.. oddly the e93 drops more with the eibachs, so i wonder if the slightly less drop on the eibach versus the h&r contributes to the extra ride comfort.
I'm not going with the GC setup as I am satisfied enough with my setup. When my shocks blow, that's when I'll be going coilovers but until then I am happy.

It feels unsafe only on roads that are not very smooth. When you hit a dip or a bump on the freeway at speeds I'd say even over 80 it definitely gives you the weird stomach feeling (oh shit feeling) with the H&R's, and you can feel something is off. Feels like the springs are too stiff and there is not enough travel for the shocks.

The Eibachs do not give this feeling. Sure you feel the road more than OEM but in no way does it ever feel "wrong" or mismatched.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States