View Single Post
      03-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #13
808MGuy
Colonel

Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammbone50 View Post
I have searched and found several threads but it seems all go off topic about replacing certain parts in the system or upgrading the speakers and what not. For someone who does not listen to the radio very often and will put the iPod on for only log trips, is the enhanced premium sound system worth it? I would like to hear from people that have the stock hifi system as well to see their thoughts.

I rather blow $2,000 toward an exhaust which is more my kind of enhanced sound system anyway!!!

Thanks guys, appreciate the help in trying to get my 2011 M3 configured!
What are your expectations of the system? A lot of people are disappointed in the enhanced system thinking it will be as good as an aftermarket system. It won't be so if that's what you expect, don't get it. I had the base system in my car for over a year until I upgraded it with aftermarket. The base system is pretty good for a base system. Its a little heavy in the midrange and the tweeters roll off very early but it can sound decent if you just play with the tone controls a little. Of course, if you listen to a lot of rap or techno that will require the system to reproduce heavy bass, its gonna sound like crap.