ski360
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I agree with both posts above.
However, what the real question should be:
- This is not OUR war, this is the war to enable Iraq to function. If we succeed in it, is anyone going to thank us, or just say, OK, great, get out.
- We got in, and that is it. Now, is it worth loosing more lives over there or it is enough? Is it worth loosing more money? Yes, we can quit now and deal with OUR daily problems and other potential problems, and get this Iraq thing out of our every day lives. ski360 mentioned that the Military carries us on their backs... It SHOULD NOT be that way...it is not that way anywhere elese in the world!
- Is this war going to make my kid's lives any better and any safer?
- Is this going to cost us another un-wise decision -- next time it may be necessary to act quickly, but we may just wait too long because of this experience
- Will this cause a "payback" in the future -- more terrorist action against us, more desire to do it, less respect from other nations...
- I doubt this will be over in next 24 months. What is the next prez decides to pull out -- then we wasted more lives and billions over next 2 years. It is pretty sure that the next prez will not be Republican at this point...

Finally, is quitting now an option at all?
Will this war make things safer for your kids in the future? I'd have to say yes it will. At this point if we leave, what's going to fill the void? It's already filled with splinter cell's of Al Qaida. If we leave now with out finishing it, then its only a matter of time till they take a hold of Iraq and all the innocent people that live there. In which case we would only have to go back later on.

No one ever thanks us for anything we do. It's the nature of the rest of the world. You name one time when another country and its people thanked the US for lending a hand. Everyone wants the money but no one wants to contribute or say thanks. Talk about money do you have any idea how much money the US government sends to other countries for food or medical supplies. I'm sure the numbers dwarf the money being sent to Iraq and if they don't then it's at least close.

Here's an example, The Tsunami in India we sent a carrier to render supplies and aid. The rest of the world response was...."what thats it?" Some of the helo's got shot at, not to mention did anyone stop to think about how much money it cost not only to send that carrier there but how much it cost to just let it sit off the coast. We're talking about a 4 billion dollar piece of equipment.