View Single Post
      02-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #134
ski360
Second Lieutenant
 
ski360's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany (US)

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
The young specialist is incorrect in saying the Kurds are Christian, the vast majority are Sunni Muslim. They also make up around 20% of Iraq's total population, hardly a vast minority.

I would also quibble with the impression he gives of the role of the Sunni vs Shi'ite Arabs in the current violence but he is probably in a Sunni area and what he hears is the Sunni perspective.
I'll agree with your statement, your right it is about 15 to 20% Kurd, but when you consider the rest of the population is Arab which is 75-80%. He broke it down wrong. So that would qualify them as the vast minority And he is in a Sunni area somedays and Shi'a in others
ski360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote