Thread: Harness
View Single Post
      03-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #19
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Originally Posted by M3V8Driver View Post
I know exactly what I'm talking about. The DOT Schroth systems linked above are OK, but lack convenience and ultimately, the safety the Racing harnesses provide.
Originally Posted by M3V8Driver View Post
There's a reason why the Schroth DOT harnesses aren't approved by any sanctioning body for competitive driving. Which brings me to this... the OP never did state why he wants a harness, so we've assumed it is for track days.
I think we're all clearly talking about street cars and adding driver stability for DEs, not caged race cars. I can tell you the two largest DE organizers in my state allow 6-pts only with seats designed for them.

My point is, you believe a modified installation of a 6 pt. in an OEM seat is safer than the Quick Fit harness, Schroth disagrees with this, hence the product.

I have two sets of 6 pts unused, but will be buying the Quick Fit Pro when it becomes available. I'll use it with a HANS, and understand that if I flip and pancake the roof I'll likely be dead meat, but I'll take the odds given the risk of a basilar skull fracture from front or lateral impact.

Of course, I recognize that true "safety" doesn't exist when it comes to cars or life.