03-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #15
elp_jc
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
i have the Dinan and my hearing is good and i have no drone at all anywhere in the rpm range
And you think you're unbiased??? . Anyway, you can't argue Dinan (and ALL other aftermarket exhausts) is louder than stock. And drone is basically unwanted cabin noise, which is 100% subjective. If we were to believe owners' accounts, no exhaust drones , which ironically can be true of any system under specific conditions (coasting, high-rpm at low throttle opening, etc). Bottom line is for 'drone sensitive' folks who don't want to risk $500 (approx loss) with a bad purchase, they better hear it under normal driving conditons before buying. My own brother calls himself 'drone sensitive', and the CEC exhaust on his Porsche (advertised as 'no drone') was driving me nuts, but it didn't bother him. I always kept the rpm much higher when I drove, which is not how I'd like to drive my own car all the time. His threshold is simply higher up the dB scale . BUt he hasn't put an aftermarket exhaust on his new Porsche. Maybe he was lying . Good day gang.

Last edited by elp_jc; 03-03-2010 at 01:42 PM.