View Single Post
      03-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
EagleEye CA
Supreme Chancellor

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
I can tell you exactly why this happens and and assure you this is totally normal. You are correct that HP and TQ should always intersect at 5252 RPMs. But notice that in each of these graphs HP and TQ are on separate scales. For example in the first graph, HP is on a 0-400 scale, but TQ is on a 0-450 scale. If you put them both HP and TQ on the same exact scale then they would perfectly intersect at 5252. But because HP and TQ are on different scales, that means you can't even think of the two lines intersecting -- because it's like two different graphs being overlayed onto the same screen.

For example, if TQ scaled from 0-5000, then the TQ curve would be crunched at the bottom of the screen and wouldn't even intersect HP at all. This isn't unique to the Gintani dyno results -- this would be true of any dyno that puts HP and TQ on separate scales. Dynojet does the same thing, as does Dynapack. To avoid this confusion, when I print my own dyno graphs, I makes sure that HP and TQ have the same scale, then the lines intersect on the screen exactly where you expect to see them.

I hope this helps explain the confusion.
Thanks for clarifying all this. Why wouldn't you use the same scale everytime? Any advantage to scaling differently?