Originally Posted by Gemcoska
Can I resurrect this topic? I really am sick of using my ipod cable and I went to buy the ipod retrofit kit:
65 41 0 427 467 USB/iPod interface retrofit kit
Turns out this is the wrong one. So before buying the correct OEM one, I would like some opinions on the mObridge kit. Is it really better?
Here are some questions,
1) I don't have a cd changer, how would reprogramming work? Will the dealer squak about warranty? How much is this?
2) How OEM does the mObridge interface seem?
3) Any other opinions of 6FL vs mObridge ?
The mObridge is better for quite a few reasons;
1. Larger paging file means faster browsing
2. USB/Firewire based charging supports all iPod models (except shuffle)
3. 24 bit ADC sound
4. End user upgradable via SD Card slot, never obsolete
5. Random, Repeat, Scan options
6. AUX input for other devices
Installation method is exactly the same as the BMW version.