Colonel

Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
I think it is absolutely amazing that over 27% of M3 drivers are age 16-25!?!? I was still in school and not in any position to buy a $70k car. I was buzzing around my university in a Honda Civic Si(loved that car). Bought my first BMW(318Ti Mtech package) at 26, first house at 28 and then my first ///M a year later. The 16-25 crowd must being doing something right, good for you!
Same here. I was driving an old Acura Integra while in college, bought my first new car at 22 ('03 WRX) and bought my first house at 25. No M car just yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicanmike View Post
Got mine in Oct 09. 24, payed by me and only me. Next time I am doing ED and doing Individual Color/Options/Ect. Even though the current one if fully loaded, I want Individual Color.
Definitely do Euro Delivery. It is totally worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
My insurance rate isn't terrible, actually. It is only $400/yr more than what I paid to be insured for my previous car (a 4-cylinder toyota). And it's cheaper than my monthly parking rate!

Insurance rates are not necessarily sky-high for under-25 drivers - a lot of it has to do with prior record, personal background, etc. But I absolutely agree, I'm shocked how many //M3 owners there are here under the age of 25. My dealer said I was one of the youngest, as far as purchasing an //M3 is concerned.
Very true, there are a lot of variables that will determine the insurance rate for a given individual. My rates dropped slightly each year between 22 and 25, but it was a significant drop once I hit 25.