View Single Post
      02-15-2010, 03:25 AM   #240
Major General

Drives: Odysse

Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
I've got about 300 miles on these now, 200 miles highway up/down from LA. I pushed them a bit this weekend. Here's my opinion so far..

- Definitely hear more road noise than the PS2's, though that may decrease as they wear in.
- Cornering, squealing a fair bit, but I don't think they're broken in fully yet.
- Stickiness/Confidence, I took my regular freeway interchange at the same speed as I would with the PS2s and these felt as good.
- turn in, these tires are crisp, I'm running 275 all around, but sidewalls definitely feel stiffer. I used to get that rollover on sharp turns with the PS2's, I get the squealies with the vreds, but not the squirrelies.
-Looks, might be just the new rims, but today I got 2 compliments about how "sick" the car looked. Stock except apex Arc-8 18x10 rims and the 275/35/18 vreds. M3s are common in my area.

I have autox next weekend on this setup and hope to get a track day in very soon, so I'll post back.
That squealing should go away with a few more miles. I was surprised by that when I started pushing my tires around 500 miles on them. Lately I haven't heard it much and the stick is very good. They were great in the rain recently. During some hard pulls after a turn that would normally engage traction control with the PS2, it was just pulling with the Vreds. Obviously there are different conditions, but it was a turn I've driven with the PS2 many times in the rain.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."