View Single Post
      02-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #95
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
One more Q before we wrap up:
If Bush was correct, if this war is justified, if we're doing the best we can, if the economy and our lives are peachy (GA expression)...then why are Bush's ratings so low and why are we critisized by every other nation in the world??? Either my perception of Bush is correct, or 6.5 billion of us are wrong...
President Bush's approval rating depends almost entirely on the public's perception of how the war is going in Iraq. Clearly the last few months have seen a marked increase in violence in Iraq and many Americans are frustrated by this. Thankfully we have a President who appreciates the fact that fighting a war is hard and success in war requires flexibility and endurance. The enemy changed its tactics on us last year and it has taken us too long to respond to that change but that is the nature of war. I would hate to think of what this country or the world would look like if the US threw in the towel at every military setback.

As for the economy, I am curious to know what economic benchmarks you use to judge it as anything less than stellar? Unemployment low, wages up, inflation low, interest rates low, growth strong and steady, stocks high, what more do you want?

One further point about this horrible economy since you seem obsessed with public opinion.
U.S. Workers Expect Strong Job Market in 2007
December 20, 2006

U.S. workers are quite optimistic about their job prospects and the employment market for 2007, as nearly eight in ten (78 percent) expect the situation to be as good as, if not better than, this year. Attesting to their faith in the market, 39 percent of workers already indicate that it is very or somewhat likely that they will be actively seeking a new job in 2007. This is according to a new survey by Hudson.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States