01-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #43
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguy View Post
Do you support the war in Iraq? Do you agree with Bush that sending another 20000+ troops will solve this war? Do you feel that pulling out of the war will increase attacks on America? Do you feel safer than you did 10 years ago?
I supported the decision to invade Iraq in 2003.

I do not believe you "solve" a war, you win it or you lose it. Fighting a war is about adapting to the situation in a way that furthers the attainment of your objective. Our short term objective in this case is to stabilize Baghdad and it is possible that an increase of US combat forces as well as the other steps the Iraqi government and security forces will take will substantially reduce the current level of violence.

I believe that if we were to lose in Iraq, and that is what pulling out would be, it will embolden our enemies, greatly increase the power of our enemies and degrade that of our friends in a vital area of the world, and create a humanitarian disaster in Iraq.

No, I do not necessarily feel safer today than 10 years ago but 10 years ago I hadn't conceived that 3,000 Americans could die in a single day because they went to work one morning.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i