Originally Posted by Schumacher
1. A 4.6L version of your engine goes into the US Tundra, Sequoia and Land Cruiser. (So, you've actually got a Pickup engine that's been breathed on by Yamaha
2. Your Transmission is used on the Toyota Crown.
3. The chassis is shared with the Mark X and the Crown.
I thought i heard you say Toyota. Nothing about the US or Japanese markets. Surely, everything is a Toyota.
You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.
1. The IS F runs the 5.0L 2UR-GSE engine based off of the LS 600h L's 2UR-FSE V-8...that is similar to the Tundra's 2UZ FE but isn't the same. On top of that Yamaha developed unique aluminum cylinder heads, as well as titanium intake valves, a water-cooled oil cooler, and a head scavenge oil pump, all devised for better high-speed and high-load driving.
So, ya, exactly like the Tundra engine.
2. No it's not. The Crown runs a 6 speed auto. The IS F has the new 8 speed that it shares with the LS.
3. Again...no it doesn't. The Mark X and Crown share their platforms with the GS. The IS is based off of the GS platform, but is a shortened version.
Originally Posted by 671rover
You're just as clueless.