01-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #32
coaster
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
It aint over until that fat lady sings.
I think it's OVER. This car will cost in the mid $70's, have a look at what an RS4 will cost you to put in your garage. WTF did we all expect, an affordable M3?

Quote:
I always thought 400 hp was insane now 426 is even more insane. This just widens the gap between a moded 335i and the M3.
The gap with the 335i is definitely gonna be wider but the price looks to be disproportionally wider. As for 400 HP beeing "insane", trust me it's not. They had the Porsche guy on TV the other day (North American sales chief I believe) asking what it wil take to compete in the sports segment going forward and he said 500 HP is the goal today and will likely increase going forward.

Quote:
It also sounds like many nice options will be standard which does give BMW reasons (excuses) for jacking the price up.
Oh yeah, sure, you will be lucky to get the floor mats for no charge.

Quote:
I guess as of now I am still going to stick to my prediction that the new M will be > 335i + price differnce of mods for equal all around performance.
Sure feel free to "stick to your predictions".

Quote:
Sarcastic statements like yours above about the radio and mats only leads me to believe you are just getting sour because the new M3 will be outside your price range.
The question is NOT what is outside my or your price range but what the car should be properly valued at. As I have already predicted (obviously you weren't paying attention) to take this car home "loaded" will cost you closer to the $80s than the $60s (which is what you predicted). Why? Becaus ethere are plenty of "eager beavers" in the market place today and BMW will be doing them a favor to remove them from their easily earned dollars. You appear to have trouble eating your words. Here is my next prediction:

"A brand new loaded M3 will cost more than a 1 year old M5."