01-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #43
Mark's M
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2012 X5 35i but MISSING the M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganman View Post
I have been having second thoughts on the maple trim as well. I like it but not entirely sure how it looks with platinum. The piano finish might be the way to go. I have not put down the $8k yet so I can still change the trim.
FWIW, I was stuck on the maple anthracite trim with platinum interior too but my client advisor in Germany kept telling me, in her own very subtle way, that piano black would be much better (based solely on my outside color choice). When I was coming down to the wire (ordering time) a couple of weeks ago she sent me a large swatch of the platinum leather with 3 different stitch colors to choose from and a piece of the maple anthracite trim. The two go together beautifully but....I didn't realize that the maple anthracite had a distinctive brownish tinge to it, depending on how the light hit it. So it depends on your outside color. In my case, the maple anthracite clashed horribly with the outside and I've chosen the piano black, a sample of which also happened to be in the packet from Germany.

If you can get your hands on some samples, please do. The maple anthracite trim piece goes beautifully with ruby black, they have the same tones if you know what I mean and there's no clashing going on. I only had the chance to put it up beside the color swatch printed in the M3 Individual brochure but they look good together. Of course, the piano black is classic and will go perfectly with anything.

Hope that helps. Mark