View Single Post
      01-28-2010, 11:15 PM   #11
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlikescars View Post
Hey there guys. Quick question. I'm looking to get into another BMW soon. I sold my 335 coupe about a little over a year ago and can't wait to get back into another one. Financial reasons forced the sale but I'm ready to make another buy.

So, that being said. My heart says go with the 335 again just because it's newer and I guess you can say better in some aspects of styling. There is a little piece of me that wants to try the ///M though. I've always wanted an M3, and really wanted one before the E9X series though. I like the styling of the 335i better once you have some money into them, but really enjoy the look of the stock M. If you guys had 30k, what would you go for? They will both be used, the M3 being a 2006 and the 335 being a 2007. Both MT, hate auto boxes.

Let me know you think, just trying to get some ideas from fellow enthusiasts. Thanks!
If you like luxury, get another 335i. If you want a driver's car, and the most modifiable car on the planet, get the M3. I'm a man, so M3 for me. Engine is amazingly rewarding. M3 could use a BBK, suspension upgrade, and mild engine tune to be the perfect all purpose bang-for-the-buck sports coupe. 335is are a dime a dozen and offer no real passion and lasting appeal. It'll soon be just another 3 series.

Most would trade their left arm for a mint E30 M3. As desirable as that car is, by today's standards its performance advantage over comparable cars (old and new) has been completely erased. That isn't to say the car isn't still highly desirable and respected. The E46 M3 is the same, but the 335i still doesn't match the overall performance...especially at high speeds and high rpms where M cars come alive and non-Ms run for cover.