01-14-2010, 01:50 AM
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
2010 NAIAS (Detroit Auto Show) pics
So I went to the auto show today (Industry Preview day
) and thought I'd share a few shots.
Sorry about the quality... point/shoot camera + me wanting to look at the cars, not take photos + auto show lighting/background = these pics
My thoughts after the show:
- The Mercedes E Class Coupe, BMW HP2 Sport (motorcycle), and the CTS Coupe got most of my attention. CTS Coupe will hopefully be my next car.
- I can't believe I'm saying this about a brown car; but the metallic bronze from Audi
- Audi e-tron concept car is how I'd want an electric car to look
- The Ferrari 599XX, Maserati Granturismo, and Fiat 500 are the only reason to enter the array of FAIL that is Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram (since Fiat now owns them, they shared a display)
- It's 4-5 years old and the Saleen S7 still gets a larger crowd then almost any other car
- I tried to see the appeal, but nothing about the "new muscle cars" (Camaro, Challenger, Mustang) interests me
- Chinese car manufactures, try again next year.
The cars seemed like they'd break if you touched them, you weren't allowed to sit in them, and I could see problems with fitment of the panels and warped plastic.
- The STS/DTS replacement from Cadillac is HUGE... like Maybach huge. But something about it looks kinda cool.
- Buick Regal: Brembo brakes, Recaro seats. Lets see all this make it to production.
- Revenge Verde.
It's part Lamborghini Miura, part R8... without a doubt the sexiest supercar.
Put a mid-engine V-10 in and call it done.
- The focus is definitely off horsepower nowadays.
BMW brought 1 M car. MB had 2 AMG's, and Audi had 1 S4. I swear I want to run over the next person saying "go-electric" (in a hybrid of course... to minimize the carbon footprint).
Balance is the key; not killing all high-performance vehicles.
- The floor of Cobo Hall is a lot emptier without Porsche, Nissan/Infiniti, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Saab, Hummer, and stand alone booths for Ferrari and Maserati