01-14-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [3.83]
2010 NAIAS (Detroit Auto Show) pics

So I went to the auto show today (Industry Preview day ) and thought I'd share a few shots.

Sorry about the quality... point/shoot camera + me wanting to look at the cars, not take photos + auto show lighting/background = these pics

My thoughts after the show:
  • The Mercedes E Class Coupe, BMW HP2 Sport (motorcycle), and the CTS Coupe got most of my attention. CTS Coupe will hopefully be my next car.
  • I can't believe I'm saying this about a brown car; but the metallic bronze from Audi
  • Audi e-tron concept car is how I'd want an electric car to look
  • The Ferrari 599XX, Maserati Granturismo, and Fiat 500 are the only reason to enter the array of FAIL that is Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram (since Fiat now owns them, they shared a display)
  • It's 4-5 years old and the Saleen S7 still gets a larger crowd then almost any other car
  • I tried to see the appeal, but nothing about the "new muscle cars" (Camaro, Challenger, Mustang) interests me
  • Chinese car manufactures, try again next year.
    The cars seemed like they'd break if you touched them, you weren't allowed to sit in them, and I could see problems with fitment of the panels and warped plastic.
  • The STS/DTS replacement from Cadillac is HUGE... like Maybach huge. But something about it looks kinda cool.
  • Buick Regal: Brembo brakes, Recaro seats. Lets see all this make it to production.
  • Revenge Verde.
    It's part Lamborghini Miura, part R8... without a doubt the sexiest supercar.
    Put a mid-engine V-10 in and call it done.
  • The focus is definitely off horsepower nowadays.
    BMW brought 1 M car. MB had 2 AMG's, and Audi had 1 S4. I swear I want to run over the next person saying "go-electric" (in a hybrid of course... to minimize the carbon footprint).
    Balance is the key; not killing all high-performance vehicles.
  • The floor of Cobo Hall is a lot emptier without Porsche, Nissan/Infiniti, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Saab, Hummer, and stand alone booths for Ferrari and Maserati

Attached Images