View Single Post
      01-13-2010, 01:53 AM   #43
JAJ
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
JAJ, as I mentioned before, the information and opinions you posted in this thread are highly appreciated. That said, I think follow up discussion aimed at the clarification/correction of some of what has been posted is constructive.

You make a good point about a statically calibrated system not being able to achieve optimum damping at all times in real world conditions. That is somewhat different for a dynamically calibrated system, and I wonder about the degree of adjustability of the OEM EDC dampers and what kind of inputs the programming considers apart from just the velocity across the element.
The more measurements the better! Sorry if I sounded defensive, I just wanted to be clear that the posts were nothing more than generalizations, and they're going to be a bit smudgy when it came to the details.

In other news, I've spent some spare time in the last couple of days shopping for accelerometer chips and data capture boxes. I'm going to have a go at figuring out how to adjust the dampers by combining measured dynamic data with seat-of-the-pants feel.

This is going to be fun. I'll keep y'all posted...