View Single Post
      12-22-2006, 11:07 PM   #7
devo
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: .2GT3/335Cpe/991 GT3 coming
Location: thinking about cars, girls and money, not necessarily in that order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Don't shoot the messenger. If you could not tell my entire post was just a quote of RUMORS from Autospies.com. Because all we have right now, officially, is NOTHING but RUMORS I don't feel bad about posting more of them. Personally I also think there is no chance for the new M3 to get 500 hp. I do think the most common figure we have heard 400 hp even will be significantly exceeded and BMW may very well underrate the car (335i is, and M5 likely is as well).
No disrespect intended but I' so tired of hearing/seeing all of the blah, blah, blah, nonsense regarding the M3. Just because it's on the web doesn't mean it has to be posted. A little common sense should prevail. If someone said it would have 600 hp, would you post it?

It's not rocket science, 400-430 hp, 320 something tq., 3450-3550 weight, 19inch wheels, 8500 redline, SMG III and optional manual. That pretty much sums it up with some modest room for error. It will look like an aggressive 335 What's so shocking and newsworthy. It'll be great, but come on.

And who says torque is for old men. It's for street cars. Who wants a high hp low torque engine for the street. HP wins races, WTF. Go to a race track. A high hp no torque motor for the street is basically useless.