Originally Posted by enigma
I have said in the past BMW should use the idrive interface to allow the driver to program the SMG shift points and speeds to suite their taste. Its kind of silly to have a good interface for configuring detailed settings and then using it for so very little.
Settings that should be there.
* Auto upshift at redline (on/off)
* Auto downshift under braking when speed reached for lower gear (on/off)
* Modulate shift speed by RPM (high/med/low/off) All current cars are set high.
* Automatic gradient assist (on/off)
* Low speed downshift delay (on/auto/off) One of my biggest pet peves about SMG
* Auto mode slider for shift RPM. Currently this is tied to shift time.
Very good suggestions you have there!
To tailor the SMG to your liking via i-Drive, that would make me get i-Drive for sure!