Thread: Interior color
View Single Post
      01-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist

Drives: BMW 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post
i have extended fox red on jet black...and think it really helps the otherwise dull interior, i also went for titanium trim, cause i like contrast and a bit of color in my cabins.

regarding the wear factor: i wouldnt say that it wears quicker than other leathers - ie tears or wrinkles or saggs...which it does and i am gentle, and have had leatheriques it and have had it properly detailed before.

but it does change colors easier: ie transfer of dyes or something. my driver's seat is noticeably darker than all the others, as i am alone 90% of the time.

so be prepared for that.
i had it professionally detailed and it is practically back to normal now, but just keep in mind , that good leather details will be necessary a few times a year to keep it from darkening...

if all your seats were to darken together i suppose it wouldnt look bad, but in my case, the center of the drivers seat was nearing brown, and the rest fox red.

its a great color, cool on space grey too.
it was my number one criteria after m drive.
Sounds like the damp cloth every couple of months and a proper cleaning (Spinneybeck or Leatherique) once a year should do it. Doing this even on black leather, which might appear clean, will bring up all kinds of dirt. Thanks.
2010 BMW M3 Coupe M-DCT w/Tech-EDC, BMW M Performance Exhaust, BPM: Stage I / Euro MDM / DCT / Steering, Space Gray / Fox Red Extended, and a Trunk Monkey known as "Der Stig", plus the daily driver...
2011 BMW 135i M Sport DCT, w/BMW Performance Power Kit, Exhaust, and Brake Rotors, Space Gray / Coral Red, known as "Stiggie" with an outlaw F20 "M135i" badge.
///M Rakete is offline   United_States