01-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWxM View Post
I had silverstone on the e90, and really liked it. BUt its gets a little overwhelming. As far as fox red, FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN it doesn't wear well. I saw the bamboo beige with the extended leather!! and thought it looked great. Thats what i ordered on the e92!!
Why do you say Fox Red doesn't wear well? The leather is the same regardless of color as I believe is the dying process, is it simply that it captures dirt, etc.? I would think that beige and silver would be even worse. Just curious because the auto show cars I've seen with Fox Red seemed to be holding up to that tough usage. I just got Fox Red and with my experience dealing with perforated Nasca on my 550i I suspect it's going to be way easier. Of course it helps that no one rides in my car except me and I don't eat in my car.

TIA
2010 BMW M3 Coupe M-DCT w/Tech-EDC, BMW M Performance Exhaust, BPM: Stage I / Euro MDM / DCT / Steering, Space Gray / Fox Red Extended, and a Trunk Monkey known as "Der Stig", plus the daily driver...
2011 BMW 135i M Sport DCT, w/BMW Performance Power Kit, Exhaust, and Brake Rotors, Space Gray / Coral Red, known as "Stiggie" with an outlaw F20 "M135i" badge.