Originally Posted by deburn
Hi John I live in Eastern Mass too and wondering if you are also working with Foreign Motors West which is my dealer.
It also sounds like your existing lease is up, which will be the case with mine pretty soon and I will have to rent for a couple of weeks or pay for a months extension, so how did you convince your dealer to give you a loaner? Good job!!
Not with FMW, it's Wagner at Shrewsbury. See my post at http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...0001#post20001
It's not a lease situation, I sold my C5, and rented a cheapy from Avis, but that's still money down the drain. They suggested a possible loaner last night based on more delays beyond what was originally communicated as a delivery date. If they had not been so continuously over-optimistic about delivery dates, I would not have sold the C5 so early, and the need for a loaner would not exist.
I think you can only expect a loaner if either they have a responsibility as above or you can negotiate it into the transaction.
Whatever you do, if you expose yourself to open-ended cost which depoends on delivery date, get an iron-clad commitment. Then if the schedule slips, you have a case for a loaner to limit your out of pocket expenses.
I found that "only 3 weeks" means "over 5 weeks" and "late June or maybe first week in July" actually means "first week in July if you are very, very lucky".