View Single Post
      12-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #48
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAForums.com View Post
It a wonder that so many Merc, Audi & Porsche guys spend so much time over here, on the M3 forums!

They all make great cars... but it's obvious that Merc is a 'comfortable' DD (maybe)... but it's just not an 'M' competitor... they are two different philosophies...

Closest thing AMG offers to an M.. is their Black series... other than that... the AMG is far from a 'driver involving' 'M-Type' car.

AMG is still missing out on a competitive PDK/DCT type trans in the C Class cars, let alone a 6 speed.

Peace,
Dave
In regards to your first statement I can make a few comments in response. If you haven't noticed, many members who participate on this forum especially in this section have owned a M3/M-Car in the past. It's also obvious a lot of members on here are first time M3/M-Car owners. With that being said, I think everyone intentions are to contribute to the conversation in a positive way. The problem is there are a few members on here driving the current M3 whose posts/comments are equivalent to beliefs that the world is flat and man can walk on water. A good diversity of membership, especially in this section, works to try to balance out reality and fantasy.

Again everyone knows the E92/90 M3 is superior then the AMG chassis. It should be anyways considering the intensive development put into it. These brands do carry two different philosophies and I agree with you on that.

I also agree that the development of a DCT type transmission would certainly be to the advantage of AMG. However, there are well aware of that and have produced such a transmission in the SLS AMG.
Appreciate 0