View Single Post
      01-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #136
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil
So, the elected governments of Germany, Japan, ROK, Italy, UK, Iraq, Afghanistan, Belgium, Poland, Hungary, etc... are not legitimate? They are not empowered to make foreign and security policy for their respective nations? What is your proposed alternative? Daily referenda?
I tell you one important thing, you focus on the completely side thing that has no importance in the discussion...
Of course the elected govenments should be allowed to make those decisions and I definitely do not support daily referenda (if that is the plural).
However, I also do not support "daily" adaptation of the ruled to the USA liking... I do not support this arrogance from us and our govenment. DO you realize that W did not do any diplomatic move since 2000 except in last few weeks when he lost the majority in the house/senat. That is ill. That is what this thread should be about -- how to get this country back on the right track...

The fear that was injected into our lives post 911 is not healthy. Luckily, it is diminishing, but W controlled 300M Americans by raising the "threat levels" every time an important move was to be made -- senate voting, re-election... Nothing is done in 6 years, absolutely NOTHING. Occupied two worthless countries, wasted trillions, wasted lives, economy artificially boosted (no economy can realistically sustain the cost of the wars we have), lost world respects and alies... Remember, I lived in the country that followed the same ignorance -- spending, spending, live with the moto of We're the best, I don't care about the rest. THen, the decades of the artificial freedoms and great lives disappeared, and it was the payback time -- that country is no more...

Yeah, we're the strongest and the best. "Built Ford Tough". Football is the sport -- soccer or waterpolo are for sissies... Those are some of our motos in this country...mighty military. But then, a small country, like North Korea showes their teeth a little bit and the real courage comes out...

As canuck335i said -- no way we (300M) can go against 6.5B people...